1. About Us
This website www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk is owned and operated by:Marines by Post (MBP)Shropshire,England
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01952 510473
If you need to contact us please use the details above.
2. Making a contract with us
2.1 When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
2.2 Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
2.3 In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us.
2.4 Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods.
2.5 We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
2.6 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
2.7 This contract is covered by English law.
3. How to place an order
3.1 You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time.
3.2 Carriage charges will be shown prior to you placing your order.
3.3 You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
3.4 We use secure payment facilities via PayPal for online purchases. You can pay for your order by PayPal.
3.5 Promotional prices only apply during the period stated.
3.6 All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
3.8 Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
3.7 Once your order is complete we will notify you of the dispatch date.
4. Delivery & Carriage Charges
4.1 Orders to the EU are accepted and processed at our discretion.
4.2 International orders are accepted and processed at our discretion.
4.3 Goods will normally be dispatched from our warehouse within 1-5 working days and any estimated dispatch date is a an estimate, which can change without notice.
4.4 We will normally deliver goods within 1-7 working days of dispatch.
4.5 Your order may arrive in more than one delivery
4.6 We will deliver the goods to the premises you specify on your order. You may require to be at premises to accept delivery of your order, which is normally between 9:00am and 6:00pm Monday-Saturday.
4.7 We will not accept responsibility for loss or damage if you instruct the delivery company to leave the goods unattended.
4.8 Disposal of packing materials is your responsibility.
4.9 After two failed delivery attempts (or if you are not at home for an agreed delivery) the goods may be returned to us and we reserve the right to charge you an additional re-delivery charge.
4.10 If you change the delivery address once the goods have been dispatched to you, we reserve the right to pass on any extra charges made by our carriers for redirecting your delivery.
4.11 Please check the goods on delivery - any goods found to be missing or damaged should be notified to ourselves within a reasonable time.
4.12 If the goods are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly.
4.13 Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control we may be prevented from delivering your goods as planned. These might include things such as accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, acts of terrorism or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in delivering your goods.
4.14 Time is not the essence of the contract unless expressly stated otherwise in writing by an authorised person of the Company.
5. Cancellation and returns
5.1 This policy does not apply to goods ordered by businesses which are exempt form the Distance Selling Regulations, or the following goods which are exempt from the right to cancel.
5.2 Any items which have been personalized or modified to your specification, such as custom design, text, size, colour or style are non-cancellable and non-refundable. Please double check whether an item is cancellable or non-cancellable before purchasing to avoid disappointment.
5.3 You can cancel your contract at any time up to 7 working days after the day of delivery. To do this, please phone, e-mail, fax or write to us.
5.4 You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
5.5 If you cancel, you must return the goods within 14 days of cancellation, complete with the original packaging to us, at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
5.6 If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
5.7 We will refund all monies paid to us by you including any postage / carriage within 30 days, less any costs due under this contract.
5.8 Business customers, or customers exempt from the distance selling regulations may not cancel an order without our mutual agreement.
5.9 This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
6. Faulty Goods / Guarantee
6.1 If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. Its helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
6.2 If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received at our warehouse and checked.
6.3 The cost of returning goods to us is your responsibility, however on inspection we may refund your reasonable postage costs, providing that the goods are found to be faulty. If the goods are not faulty, we will return them to you, however you will be required to cover our reasonable postage costs.
6.4 Goods should be cleaned in accordance with our care and maintenance instructions.
6.5 Within 30 days we will replace defective goods free of charge, at our discretion, providing that you have returned to us any faulty goods upon request.
6.6 If an item is no longer available we will offer an alternative. However our liability will be to replace the faulty goods only and we are unable to guarantee an exact match. In this instance you will have the option of a refund.
6.7 Where we replace faulty goods you are responsible for their disposal, if they have not previously been returned to us.
6.8 We are unable to guarantee and exact colour match due to the nature of the product.
8.1 The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the uk.
8.2 We do not accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses. You should therefore not book installation of the goods until you have received them and inspected them.
8. Trade or Business Customers
The following conditions apply to orders placed by Trade or Business Customers.
9.1 Orders may not be cancelled except with our mutual agreement and having been confirmed in writing by a Director or our company. We reserve the right to make cancellation and/or re-stocking charges.
9.2 Claims for missing or damaged items must be made within 2 days of delivery.
WEBSITE DISCLAIMER for www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk
This disclaimer details our obligations to you regarding our website. Please read this disclaimer in full before you use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept the terms of this disclaimer. We do occasionally update this disclaimer so please refer back to them in the future.
1. USE OF WEBSITE
1.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
1.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
1.3 Subject to paragraph 1.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
2. VISITOR CONDUCT
2.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material for which you have not obtained all necessary consents, is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
3. SITE UPTIME
3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
4. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
4.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content.
4.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website and you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us.
4.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 4.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
5. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
5.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss.
5.2 Live foods and animals are seen by law as used and cannot be returned.
5.3 If live animals / food have been delivered in good condition but die shortly after delivery, we will not redeliver or refund.
6. LAW AND JURISDICTION
Terms and Conditions – Live Seahorses
Please read and Agree to the Terms and Conditions prior to making you purchase. If for any reason you cannot agree to the Terms and Conditions, your order will be automatically cancelled.
Prior to making a Purchase - Please consider the suitability of your Marine Aquarium for Seahorses prior to making a purchase. Care Notes Pages and Tank Mates Pages for seahorses are available on our website. Please read these pages, make any aquarium amendments, and consider the care these animals and their captive environments require prior to continuing with your purchase order and delivery.
This website www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk is owned and operated byMarines by Post (MBP)Shropshire,England
Marines by Post are committed to providing a safe delivery, transit of animals and a professional service. As such we conform to the Ornamental Aquatic Trade Association (OATA) Code of Conduct, Welfare of Animals during Transport Order 2006 (WIT), IATA Live Animal regulations (LAR) standards where applicable. We hold the relevant licenses to allow MBP to undertake legal transportation of animals in the UK and Europe, and a current Pet Shop License.
- The following terms and conditions apply to all orders placed by the customer (hereinafter referred to as “you”) with Marines by Post otherwise known as www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk and hereinafter referred to as “MBP” or “we” or “us”, at MBP Online (also referred to as the “website”).
- By using this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein (the “Terms”).
- Please make sure you have read and understood the terms and conditions before placing your order.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time without prior notice to you. The version of the Terms that will apply to your order will be those on the website at the time you place your order.
- Any court proceedings brought in relation to these Terms must be heard within the United Kingdom. This contract is covered by English Law.
- These Terms are only available in the English language.
Making a Contract with us
- 1.1 When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
- 1.2 Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us (‘you’ the customer and MBP).
- 1.3 In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing or availability mistake, we will advise you of this. Yu will mot receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of yur order, and there will be no contract between us.
- 1.4 Images of goods on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may differ slightly from the image shown on the website, however, we do not use stock images for Seahorse Sales, the Seahorses shown will be those, forming the subject of the contract between us and will be those that you purchase and receive.
- 1.5 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
How to place an Order – placing and acceptance
- 2.1 The customer shall order goods from Marines by Post (MBP) via their website – www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk or by direct contact with MBP.
- The order must specify:
i)the date and placement of order,
ii) the goods ordered, species, number along with any identifying reference number/codes from the website.
- 2.2 MBP reserves the right to decline any order received from the customer by e-mail or other contact.
- 2.3 Customers shall receive an order confirmation from MBP with an order reference number, to be quoted in all correspondence.
- 2.4 Only persons over sixteen years of age with a residential address in the UK or EU can place an order for seahorses. We are unable by law and the normal terms of our Licenses to sell Seahorses to persons 16 years or under.
- 2.5 MBP can ship Internationally, although this is at our discretion. Customs and Import duties may be applied to international orders when the shipment reaches its destination. Such charges are the responsibility of the recipient of your order and vary from country to country. Contact your local customs office for details. We supply all the necessary documentation to clear the seahorses out of the UK, but countries have different requirements for imports. You may need an Import Permit and/or Special Health Certificate and or Health inspection. We will do all we can to help you with information and documents for your country.
- 2.6 International Purchase is made at the customers ‘you’ therefore at ‘your’ own risk. MBP are not liable for any losses occurring on International Orders.
Cancellation of Orders.
- 3.1 Customer
- If an order of goods is cancelled or postponed by request of the customer, MBP reserve the right to charge a cancellation or postponement fee for all direct or indirect losses or expenses incurred by MBP prior to the cancellation or postponement of said order, including without limitation.
i) Any costs and expenses incurred by MBP in processing the order up to and including the date that MBP receive the customer’s cancellation or postponement request.
ii) Any moneys paid or payable to MBP by third parties for goods or services ordered and/or received from third parties in respect of and for the purpose of fulfilling the customer order.
iii) Any cancellations or penalty fees incurred by MBP and made by third parties in respect of the cancellation or postponement of an order by MBP on behalf of a customer.
iv) Any claims for expenses and losses incurred by third parties in direct response to cancelled/postponed orders by MBP as a consequence of a customers order cancellation.
- 3.2 Marines by Post
i) MP reserve the right to be entitled to refuse, suspend, or cancel any order for goods, without liability to either party.
ii) Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control we may be prevented from delivering your goods as planned. These might include things such as accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, acts of terrorism or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in delivering your goods. Miss-handling by suppliers and or couriers this is deemed as circumstances beyond the responsibility and control of MBP and in no way will MBP be held accountable for any damage or loss incurred by/to the customer’s order.
All orders are packaged in accordance with Welfare of Animals during (Transport) Order 2006 (WIT) and IATA (LAR) standards where/if applicable. The cost of packaging materials used in relation to the packaged goods, as per WIT shall be at the customers expense and form part/be included in an overall invoice for the order.
- 5.1 Shipping/dispatch will take place the evening before the agreed arrival date. We only ship for arrivals on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- 5.2 Please note: no shipments will be sent out by MBP on or before Bank Holidays and Saturday (unless expressed and paid for as a Saturday delivery in advance in writing to MBP). Also "we” will not send out shipments in adverse/inclement weather conditions irrespectively of the delivery times stated above. In these circumstances, the customer will be informed & orders will be sent to the next possible date.
- 6.1 Local : Orders deemed to be local can at the discretion of MBP be delivered legally by staff.
- 6.2 National: MBP will arrange delivery to customer’s address by MBP’s carrier. All national orders are to be sent by Overnight Next Day delivery by 9am. The customer must confirm to MBP their attendance at the delivery address on the delivery date to accept the order at the first attempt.
- 6.3 European: Orders for Europe will be arranged directly with MBP.
Delivery Charges are calculated according to weight including water, seahorses and packaging. European Delivery charges will be organized directly with MBP.
Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG)
We guarantee live arrival on all our seahorses. Once the packed order leaves our facility they are deemed to be ‘on delivery’, we have no control over our livestock once they are ‘on delivery’. If the LAG fails and a loss occurs (DOA) on delivery the following conditions must be met to qualify for an LAG replacement.
i) you must have accepted and signed for the delivery on the first attempt.
ii) Acclimatize according to acclimation instructions, tank specs and parameters given.
iii) Contact us within 1 hour of delivery of a DOA (dead on arrival).
If a loss occurs the specimen must be returned to us, at the customers cost.
If the above conditions are met, we will either ship you a replacement at our discretion of the same species and of a similar size or offer a refund. We can refund you for the specimen. We do not refund shipping. Failure to contact us within the specified time means we will not be liable or able to replace any seahorse/s.
DOA (Dead on Arrival)
The customer must notify MBP of a DOA within 1 hour of the delivery arrival to qualify for the LAG replacement. Please e-mail a photo to MBP of the DOA and the packaging it arrived in (prior to opening). A DOA means ‘dead on arrival’ on opening of packaging and does not cover animals which were left unacclimatised, are acclimatized incorrectly, badly handled, dropped, sucked into pumps, and overflows immediately after arrival.
The customer must notify MBP within 1 hour of expected delivery time of the goods of any missing package/s. In this unlikely event notify MBP vai e-mail of this with accompanying photographs of the package.
Damage in Transit
In the unlikely event of damage in transit, and the loss of seahorses this will result in a claim to recover the cost of the goods carried and postage paid. Damage packaging must be marked as received as such for the carrier on arrival and photographs taken.
The seahorse/s must be acclimatized according to the instructions. MBP will not be held liable for a replacement due to incorrect acclimation. It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimatize the seahorse/s correctly and ensure that the aquarium parameters are within the appropriate range for the species.
Payment, Invoicing and pricing
- 9.1 On completion of an order, an invoice will be issued. Payment of an order from the website will be in full prior to delivery, and as per invoice. Payments will be made by PayPal.
- 9.2 The price of goods shall be the price published on MBP’s website.
MBP UK Captive-bred Certificate
An MBP Certificate of UK captive breeding will be issued with the package at Delivery. The certificate will detail the Species, number of animals, and approximate birth date of the animals ordered with a guarantee that the animals were captive-bred by MBP at their facility.
- MBP accept no liability for the goods once the Live Arrival Guarantee Replacement timescale of 1 hour has passed.
- MBP are not liable if your goods are not accepted for delivery by you from our courier at the first delivery attempt. Failure to accept/receive the goods on the first delivery attempt, waivers the right to an Live Arrival Guarantee Replacement (LAGR).
- The goods will be at your, the ‘customers’ own risk from the time of Delivery.
- After you receive your goods, you acknowledge that you take full responsibility for their care and release MBP and seahorsebreeder of any liability.
- MBP are not liable if your seahorse/s become ill or die as a result of your ability to properly adapt your seahorses. We will not refund your money if you have any future health problems with your seahorse/s or if they die after you acclimate them to your new environment, as MBP has no access to the customers working marine aquarium/system, nor the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment, particular set-up, tank mates (present or future) or water parameters.
- MBP are not liable if your seahorse/e become ill or die after acclimation as a result of your ability to properly maintain your marine aquarium/system to the parameters for the purchased species, as MBP has no access to the customers working marine aquarium/system, nor the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment, particular set-up, tank mates (present or future) or water parameters.
- MBP are not liable if your seahorse/s are left unacclimatised, acclimatized incorrectly, badly handled, squashed, dropped, sucked into pumps, overflow, weirs or refugium’s, attacked by other tank inhabitants (vertebrates or invertebrates), as known or unknown tank inhabitants to the customer.
- Advise sought by the customer ‘you’ from MBP in respect of their care and environment may be given but cannot be relied upon by the customer or guaranteed by MBP and the customer ‘you’ must release MBP and seahorsebreeder from any liability, as MBP has no access to the customers working marine aquarium/system, nor the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment, particular set-up, tank mates (present or future) or water parameters.
MBP and seahorse breeder is not liable for failure to perform the party's obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service. No party is entitled to terminate this Agreement under Clause 3 (Cancellation of Orders) in such circumstances.
If any part of these Terms and/or Conditions is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply.
Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyrights at www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk remain with MBP and its subsidiaries. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of MBP. You may not reproduce catalogue content for any purpose without the prior written permission of MBP.
Customer Service and orders are available via e-mail only at [email protected]. We check e-mails regularly, but are often away from the office, caring for our seahorses. We do endeavor to reply promptly and within reasonable hours to all enquiries and expect this to be reciprocated by our customers in terms of all communication, payments etc…
MBP- Marines by Post trading as seahorsebreeder.co.uk.
Contact Details:MBP Customer Servicee-mail: [email protected]