Live Seahorses Sales - Terms and Conditions
Please read and Agree to the Terms and Conditions prior to making you purchase. If for any reason you cannot agree to the Terms and Conditions, your order will be automatically cancelled.
Prior to making a Purchase - Please consider the suitability of your Marine Aquarium for Seahorses prior to making a purchase. Care Notes Pages and Tank Mates Pages for seahorses are available on our website. Please read these pages, make any aquarium amendments, and consider the care these animals and their captive environments require prior to continuing with your purchase order and delivery.
This website www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk is owned and operated byMarines by Post (MBP)Shropshire,England
Marines by Post are committed to providing a safe delivery, transit of animals and a professional service. As such we conform to the Ornamental Aquatic Trade Association (OATA) Code of Conduct, Welfare of Animals during Transport Order 2006 (WIT), IATA Live Animal regulations (LAR) standards where applicable. We hold the relevant licenses to allow MBP to undertake legal transportation of animals in the UK and Europe, and a current Pet Shop License.
- The following terms and conditions apply to all orders placed by the customer (hereinafter referred to as “you”) with Marines by Post otherwise known as www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk and hereinafter referred to as “MBP” or “we” or “us”, at MBP Online (also referred to as the “website”).
- By using this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein (the “Terms”).
- Please make sure you have read and understood the terms and conditions before placing your order.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time without prior notice to you. The version of the Terms that will apply to your order will be those on the website at the time you place your order.
- Any court proceedings brought in relation to these Terms must be heard within the United Kingdom. This contract is covered by English Law.
- These Terms are only available in the English language.
Making a Contract with us
- 1.1 When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
- 1.2 Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us (‘you’ the customer and MBP).
- 1.3 In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing or availability mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us.
- 1.4 Images of goods on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may differ slightly from the image shown on the website, however, we do not use stock images for Seahorse Sales, the Seahorses shown will be those, forming the subject of the contract between us and will be those that you purchase and receive.
- 1.5 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
How to place an Order – placing and acceptance
- 2.1 The customer shall order goods from Marines by Post (MBP) via their website – www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk or by direct contact with MBP.
- The order must specify:
i)the date and placement of order,
ii) the goods ordered, species, number along with any identifying reference number/codes from the website.
- 2.2 MBP reserves the right to decline any order received from the customer by e-mail or other contact.
- 2.3 Customers shall receive an order confirmation from MBP with an order reference number, to be quoted in all correspondence.
- 2.4 Only persons over sixteen years of age with a residential address in the UK or EU can place an order for seahorses. We are unable by law and the normal terms of our Licenses to sell Seahorses to persons 16 years or under.
- 2.5 MBP can ship Internationally, although this is at our discretion. Customs and Import duties may be applied to international orders when the shipment reaches its destination. Such charges are the responsibility of the recipient of your order and vary from country to country. Contact your local customs office for details. We supply all the necessary documentation to clear the seahorses out of the UK, but countries have different requirements for imports. You may need an Import Permit and/or Special Health Certificate and or Health inspection. We will do all we can to help you with information and documents for your country.
- 2.6 International Purchase is made at the customers ‘you’ therefore at ‘your’ own risk. MBP are not liable for any losses occurring on International Orders.
Cancellation of Orders.
- 3.1 Customer
- If an order of goods is cancelled or postponed by request of the customer, MBP reserve the right to charge a cancellation or postponement fee for all direct or indirect losses or expenses incurred by MBP prior to the cancellation or postponement of said order, including without limitation.
i) Any costs and expenses incurred by MBP in processing the order up to and including the date that MBP receive the customer’s cancellation or postponement request.
ii) Any moneys paid or payable to MBP by third parties for goods or services ordered and/or received from third parties in respect of and for the purpose of fulfilling the customer order.
iii) Any cancellations or penalty fees incurred by MBP and made by third parties in respect of the cancellation or postponement of an order by MBP on behalf of a customer.
iv) Any claims for expenses and losses incurred by third parties in direct response to cancelled/postponed orders by MBP as a consequence of a customers order cancellation.
- 3.2 Marines by Post
i) MP reserve the right to be entitled to refuse, suspend, or cancel any order for goods, without liability to either party.
ii) Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control we may be prevented from delivering your goods as planned. These might include things such as accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, acts of terrorism or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in delivering your goods. Miss-handling by suppliers and or couriers this is deemed as circumstances beyond the responsibility and control of MBP and in no way will MBP be held accountable for any damage or loss incurred by/to the customer’s order.
All orders are packaged in accordance with Welfare of Animals during (Transport) Order 2006 (WIT) and IATA (LAR) standards where/if applicable. The cost of packaging materials used in relation to the packaged goods, as per WIT shall be at the customers expense and form part/be included in an overall invoice for the order.
- 5.1 Shipping/dispatch will take place the evening before the agreed arrival date. We only ship for arrivals on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- 5.2 Please note: no shipments will be sent out by MBP on or before Bank Holidays and Saturday (unless expressed and paid for as a Saturday delivery in advance in writing to MBP). Also "we” will not send out shipments in adverse/inclement weather conditions irrespectively of the delivery times stated above. In these circumstances, the customer will be informed & orders will be sent to the next possible date.
- 6.1 Local : Orders deemed to be local can at the discretion of MBP be delivered legally by staff.
- 6.2 National: MBP will arrange delivery to customer’s address by MBP’s carrier. All national orders are to be sent by Overnight Next Day delivery by 9am. The customer must confirm to MBP their attendance at the delivery address on the delivery date to accept the order at the first attempt.
- 6.3 European: Orders for Europe will be arranged directly with MBP.
Delivery Charges are calculated according to weight including water, seahorses and packaging. European Delivery charges will be organized directly with MBP.
Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG)
We guarantee live arrival on all our seahorses. Once the packed order leaves our facility they are deemed to be ‘on delivery’, we have no control over our livestock once they are ‘on delivery’. If the LAG fails and a loss occurs (DOA) on delivery the following conditions must be met to qualify for an LAG replacement.
i) you must have accepted and signed for the delivery on the first attempt.
ii) Acclimatize according to acclimation instructions, tank specs and parameters given.
iii) Contact us within 1 hour of delivery of a DOA (dead on arrival).
If a loss occurs the specimen must be returned to us, at the customers cost.
If the above conditions are met, we will either ship you a replacement at our discretion of the same species and of a similar size or offer a refund. We can refund you for the specimen. We do not refund shipping. Failure to contact us within the specified time means we will not be liable or able to replace any seahorse/s.
DOA (Dead on Arrival)
The customer must notify MBP of a DOA within 1 hour of the delivery arrival to qualify for the LAG replacement. Please e-mail a photo to MBP of the DOA and the packaging it arrived in (prior to opening). A DOA means ‘dead on arrival’ on opening of packaging and does not cover animals which were left unacclimatised, are acclimatized incorrectly, badly handled, dropped, sucked into pumps, and overflows immediately after arrival.
The customer must notify MBP within 1 hour of expected delivery time of the goods of any missing package/s. In this unlikely event notify MBP vai e-mail of this with accompanying photographs of the package.
Damage in Transit
In the unlikely event of damage in transit, and the loss of seahorses this will result in a claim to recover the cost of the goods carried and postage paid. Damage packaging must be marked as received as such for the carrier on arrival and photographs taken.
The seahorse/s must be acclimatized according to the instructions. MBP will not be held liable for a replacement due to incorrect acclimation. It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimatize the seahorse/s correctly and ensure that the aquarium parameters are within the appropriate range for the species.
Payment, Invoicing and pricing
- 9.1 On completion of an order, an invoice will be issued. Payment of an order from the website will be in full prior to delivery, and as per invoice. Payments will be made by PayPal.
- 9.2 The price of goods shall be the price published on MBP’s website.
MBP UK Captive-bred Certificate
An MBP Certificate of UK captive breeding will be issued with the package at Delivery. The certificate will detail the Species, number of animals, and approximate birth date of the animals ordered with a guarantee that the animals were captive-bred by MBP at their facility.
- MBP accept no liability for the goods once the Live Arrival Guarantee Replacement timescale of 1 hour has passed.
- MBP are not liable if your goods are not accepted for delivery by you from our courier at the first delivery attempt. Failure to accept/receive the goods on the first delivery attempt, waivers the right to an Live Arrival Guarantee Replacement (LAGR).
- The goods will be at your, the ‘customers’ own risk from the time of Delivery.
- After you receive your goods, you acknowledge that you take full responsibility for their care and release MBP and seahorsebreeder of any liability.
- MBP are not liable if your seahorse/s become ill or die as a result of your ability to properly adapt your seahorses. We will not refund your money if you have any future health problems with your seahorse/s or if they die after you acclimate them to your new environment, as MBP has no access to the customers working marine aquarium/system, nor the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment, particular set-up, tank mates (present or future) or water parameters.
- MBP are not liable if your seahorse/e become ill or die after acclimation as a result of your ability to properly maintain your marine aquarium/system to the parameters for the purchased species, as MBP has no access to the customers working marine aquarium/system, nor the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment, particular set-up, tank mates (present or future) or water parameters.
- MBP are not liable if your seahorse/s are left unacclimatised, acclimatized incorrectly, badly handled, squashed, dropped, sucked into pumps, overflow, weirs or refugium’s, attacked by other tank inhabitants (vertebrates or invertebrates), as known or unknown tank inhabitants to the customer.
- Advise sought by the customer ‘you’ from MBP in respect of their care and environment may be given but cannot be relied upon by the customer or guaranteed by MBP and the customer ‘you’ must release MBP and seahorsebreeder from any liability, as MBP has no access to the customers working marine aquarium/system, nor the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment, particular set-up, tank mates (present or future) or water parameters.
MBP and seahorse breeder is not liable for failure to perform the party's obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service. No party is entitled to terminate this Agreement under Clause 3 (Cancellation of Orders) in such circumstances.
If any part of these Terms and/or Conditions is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply.
Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyrights at www.seahorsebreeder.co.uk remain with MBP and its subsidiaries. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of MBP. You may not reproduce any content for any purpose without the prior written permission of MBP.
Customer Service and orders are available via e-mail only at [email protected]. We check e-mails regularly, but are often away from the office, caring for our seahorses. We do endeavor to reply promptly and within reasonable hours to all enquiries and expect this to be reciprocated by our customers in terms of all communication, payments etc…
MBP- Marines by Post trading as seahorsebreeder.co.uk.
Contact Details:MBP Customer Servicee-mail: [email protected]