Live Tisochrysis lutea (T-iso) live phytoplankton inoculant for culturing
0 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability: This product is no longer in stock
How to culture your own Phytoplankton:
Before starting to culture any phytoplankton, you will need to disinfect the culture water and culture reactor to prevent any contamination. This is done in the following way:
• Set the reactor up with the in-line micron filter attached after the air valve, allowing the air entering the reactor to pass through it and into the reactor.
• Make up your salt water using RO water to 1.019sg and sterilise using Sodium hypochlorite bleach at 10-15% strength, use 0.5 ml/L. Run the air into the reactor keeping this running for at least 24 hours. At the end of this time add 3g of ClorAm-X / 20L leave this to bubble in the reactor for a further 60 minutes. Now you have sterile culture water ready to inoculate.
• If you are using the phyto disk option follow the instructions contained on the culture disc to free the algae cells for adding to the culture.
• When using an inoculant, you should increase your volume slowly to reach your desired volume, typically in multiples of 10. For example, our inoculants are supplied in 100 ml pouches, and to begin with, they should be inoculated into 1 litre culture medium. After approximately 7-14 days, your 1 litre culture should have sufficient cell density (notable by an increase in colour) to be further inoculated into a culture up to 10 litres, and so forth. Pour your inoculum into your clean sterile culture water.
• Add 1ml of F/2 Phyto fertilizer to every liter of inoculated water and turn the light on.
• Lighting should be on for 16 hours a day, then in full darkness for 8 hours. In 7-10 days you will be able to start harvesting your culture. Optimum temperature should be maintained between 18°c – 24°c.
• To continue using the culture after harvesting some of the culture add more sterile salt water and F/2 phyto fertilizer at a rate of 1ml/L of fresh culture water added this should be done no more than once a week.
Your Store Copyright Here
No customer reviews for the moment.