Parvocalanus crassirostris Copepods. Live larval marine fish feed 500ml
Parvocalanus crassirostris is a small, pelagic calanoid copepod. The nauplii (larval stage) are small, measuring in the 50-100 µm range, making them a suitable feed for small-gape larval fish. Copepodites and adults range in size from 100 to 400 µm.
4 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
- Good source of antioxidants and Vitamins C and E
- The movements of copepods and their nauplii trigger the feeding responses in larval fish
- This species is being used in marine ornamental aquaculture as well as large-scale finfish aquaculture
- It has been successfully used as a first prey item to culture species of snapper, grouper, yellowtail, seahorses, pipefish, dwarf angelfish and many others
- The use of copepods as a first feed has been associated with a decrease in fish malpigmentation and deformity
Please note: All our live feeds and cultures are shipped Monday to Wednesday only. We ship all UK live orders via either Royal Mail Special Delivery by 1pm, or via another tracked courier service. Please make sure you are available to receive your order, as we cannot be held responsible for DOA claims if the parcel is returned to the shippers depot awaiting redelivery.
International orders are shipped via FedEx priority shipping. Customers order these cultures at their own risk as we can not give a DOA guarantee.
No customer reviews for the moment.